Wayne H. Bowen, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in History from Northwestern University (1996)
- M.A. in Strategic Studies from U.S. Army War College (2018)
- M.A. in History from Northwestern University (1992)
- B.A. in History from University of Southern California (1990)
Recent Research Activities
Modern and early modern Spanish history;
Mediterranean; European and Middle East political, religious, and military
- Truman, Franco’s Spain, and the Cold War (University
of Missouri Press, 2017).
- The History of Saudi Arabia, 2nd edition
(Greenwood Press/ABC-Clio, 2014).
- Spain and the American Civil War (University
of Missouri Press, 2011).
- The History of Saudi Arabia (Greenwood
- Undoing Saddam: From Occupation to Sovereignty in Northern
Books/University of Nebraska, 2007).
- A Military History of Modern Spain.
Co-edited with Jose Alvarez (Praeger/ ABC-Clio, 2007).
- Spain during World War II (University of Missouri Press, 2006).
- Spaniards and Nazi Germany: Collaboration in the New Order (University of
Missouri Press, 2000). 2001 Phi Alpha Theta Book Award.
Updated: Jan 15, 2019